How to install TWRP (TeamWin recovery project) on HTC One M9.
TWRP is a famous Custom Recovery based on CWM(Clockwork Mod). In this post you will learn step by step how to install TWRP on HTC M9. You can Customize your HTC M9, easily root your HTC M9, Install Custom ROMS (Cyanogenmod , AOKP etc ), Custom kernels and of course Nandroid Backup with help of TWRP. Before Installing TWRP you must know that you will lose your cell phone warranty by company. TWRP will only work if your HTC M9 is unlocked . You must unlock bootloader before applying TWRP.
Preparation for Installation TWRP .
- Data Cable
- Android SDK
Step by Step Installation TWRP on HTC One M9.
- Connect your HTC M9 with computer using data cable.
- Download TWRP from here and rename it to recovery.img .
- Copy recovery.img file to same folder where Android SDK located. Adb commands will be used further to install custom recovery on HTC One M9.
- Open platform-tool folder which is located inside Android SDK folder. From there press shift button on keyboard and press right mouse button and select open command window here.
- Now you need to reboot your HTC M9 into bootloader mode. type “adb reboot bootloader”.your phone will be reboot and enter into bootloader mode.
- Now in command window type “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” .
- Let TWRP installation to complete .
- When installation done type on command window ” fastboot reboot”.
HTC One M9 Recovery Mode .
Turn off your smartphone. Press and hold volume down button and press power button for once. keep holding volume down button until you see the recovery menu option. You will see many option inside recovery. Select reboot system now .